at the lakeview campus
- Pastor Joel releases the kids to Kids Church after worship & announcements, giving the kids an opportunity to have their own lesson, but still letting them participate in the life of the church as a whole. This is a family church, after all!
- Kids Church teaches the ever-so-exciting Superbook Academy curriculum.
- Please pick up your kids in the Mobile after service.
- Your child will come home with a Gizmonote, a sheet of paper with information about what they learned in Kids Church & the memory verse, as well as a link to an online family devotional and video about the lesson.
Sunday School is available for ages 3 - 12th grade at 9:30 am.
- Kids classes are divided into two groups, both meeting in the Mobile behind the church.
- Younger kids (age 3 - Grade 4) meet with Mrs. Taylor (otherwise known as "Miss Vicki") for an age-appropriate lesson, craft/activity, and snack.
- Older kids (about 5th grade through high school) meet with Pastor Joel for a lively time of teaching and discussion.
- Kids Sunday School classes use the Answers in Genesis curriculum. It takes kids on a systematic journey through the Bible, helping them to see why we believe what we do & how to live out those beliefs in practical ways.
BGMC stands for "Boys & Girls Missionary Challenge". It is the AG missions program for kids that instills a heart of compassion to reach the lost by teaching kids to:
All funds raised through BGMC go to meet critical needs around the world such as feeding programs, water wells, Bible schools, curriculum, and whatever else a missionary needs in their part of the world to reach kids for Jesus.
Basically, it's about kids reaching kids!
Your child will bring home an empty yellow Buddy Barrel. You can work with them to pray for missions & come up with ideas for how to fill it, then bring it back for the BGMC collection in Kids Church.
Your kids are invited to come with you to Sunday Evening Service. There isn't a specific kids program on Sunday nights because it's a family night -- family night in God's presence. Our Sunday night services are geared toward a time of prayer and worship, with a time of testimony and Bible Study at the end.
If your kids are squirrelly, no problem! We understand! But we also know how important it is for kids to learn what it is to spend time in the presence of God with the family of God, and there's no better way to learn that than to practice. We don't mind if you bring some coloring books or quiet activities for your kids to do during Sunday night, but we'd love to have you come!